Kerrie is a really awesome motivator, but I gotta tell ya, she’s not my only one. I usually take a break from real exercise on the weekends. I figure running errands is enough running. Today I changed my mind, I ran twice as long as I usually do. And I have to admit, personal health is not the only reason I’m doing this. I think I’ve mentioned before I wrote a book, a contemporary young adult novel I call Luna Moon. A literary agent from a really great agency, Pippen Properties, is considering it now. I really hope she wants to take me on as a client, but just the fact that she is considering it has given me tremendous confidence that it will be published.
I have this vision of sitting at a table signing copies of Luna Moon for anxious teens and preteens. My friend’s 12 year old son read an early version, gave me some pointers, but said he liked it, but I’m sure most of the kids in that line will probably be girls. There’s this one, I picture her different every time, but her eyes are always the same. They’re hopeful and anxious and a little misty. I know I’ll know her by her eyes. I can see her stick her head out of the line once in a while to make sure I’m still there signing books and one time she catches me looking at her. She gives me a shy smile and ducks back in line. When it’s finally her turn, she’s hugging her well worn copy of Luna Moon to her chest. She hesitates for just a moment then thrusts the book toward me and says “I LOVE this book!” Her enthusiasm embarrasses her and brings tears to my eyes. I sign her book, but before she leaves I get up and go around the table to give her a hug, I make someone take a picture for both of us because she is the first person I don’t know who says that to me.
I’m exercising and eating right and trying to stay positive for Kerrie and for myself and for my health. But I’m also doing it for her. I don’t know what her name is and I don’t know what she looks like, but I know she’s out there. The girls who will stand in line to get their copy of Luna Moon autographed don’t want to meet some fat old lady who can barely move. I can’t do anything about my age, but I can do something about my weight, my health and my ability to move more freely. So thanks Kerrie for being such a wonderful motivator and thanks too, to that girl. I can’t wait to meet you.
Saturday – 42 min. 2.1 miles on the elliptical (hey I couldn’t stop in the middle of Island Fever and Jimmy Buffett is also a pretty good motivator. Layers and layers of spices and flavors are making their way to my brain.)
Chasing Wyatt around at Girl Scout Thinking Day for 2 hours was a lot of exercise too.
- Breakfast – Bowl of oatmeal with dried apples and 1 cup of coffee.
- Lunch – Brown rice, black beans and sundried tomatoes.
- Dinner – 6” Subway Veggie sandwich on 9 grain honey and oat bread (or something like that) with avocados.
No comments:
Post a Comment